National Cancer Institute RFI NOT-CA-22-010 solicits input on the availability of pre-diagnostic biospecimen collections which may be used for liquidbiopsy studies of early cancer detection and assess interest in participating in a collaborative workshop on evaluation of cancer early detection biomarkers.
The NIH seeks comments on any or all of these topics listed below. If information is available in study website; publication; or other catalogue such as the NCI Cancer Epidemiology Descriptive Cohort Database (CEDCD), NCI Specimen Resource Locator (SRL), or NHLBI Biologic Specimen and Data Repositories Information Coordinating Center (BioLINCC); you may indicate where this information is located instead of providing the details in the submission.
- The availability of pre-diagnostic biospecimen collections (e.g. whole blood, serum, plasma, saliva, and/or urine) that may be used for studies of early detection of cancer (i.e. collected < 2 years prior to clinical cancer diagnosis).
- Estimated number and volume of specimens available by cancer type and for all cancers combined
- Description of specimen storage time and conditions
- Description of quality control assays to assess storage conditions
- Comment on adherence to NCI Best Practices for Biospecimen Resources (Link)
- Description of study design
- Description of accompany epidemiology and clinical data
- Description of requirements for release of samples
- Links to websites or publications describing the collection
- Interest in participating in a collaborative workshop to support collaborations for evaluation of cancer early detection biomarkers
Responses to this RFI must be submitted electronically to NCILiquidBiopRFI@mail.nih.gov
Responses must be received by 11:59 p.m. on January 15, 2022.